Just another WordPress site

Home » The Barca ‘surplus power’ Tottenham wanted so badly has a new home in Aston Villa

The Barca ‘surplus power’ Tottenham wanted so badly has a new home in Aston Villa

Aston Villa, not Tottenham, is Lange’s new home.

Aston Villa have confirmed the loan signing of defender Clément Lenglet from FC Barcelona.

The France international center back has been deemed ‘surplus to requirements’ at Barcelona under Xavi this season. He spent last season on a one-year loan at Tottenham due to a lack of options. He made 35 appearances for Spurs, earning favorable reviews, and the club was interested in either signing him outright or loaning him back.

However, Lange’s destination was Aston Villa. Aston Villa had bolstered their center back line with the signing of Pau Torres, but were in desperate need of reinforcements after Tyrone Mings suffered a serious knee injury in the opening game.

Aston Villa will pay 75% of Langlais’ salary for the duration of the loan, with Barcelona paying the remaining 25%.

Aston Villa lost their opening game against Newcastle United, but have since won four straight and scored 15 goals in all 안전놀이터 competitions. They are poised to continue their surge with Langlais stabilizing the back line.

Langlais is expected to make his Aston Villa debut against traditional powerhouse Liverpool.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top